Friday, October 15, 2010

Pizza of the past (part one)


   For my third installment of Ohio by the slice, I will be revisiting a favorite from my past.
   The memories of Peppi’s and Luigi’s are lodged in the back of my mind with little league baseball and playing hooky from school.
   This place was a childhood favorite of mine. In the best way possible, it stuck out like a sore thumb between a liquor store and an adult book store. It sits in a small shopping center on the corner of two busy streets. This place, in Barberton, OH, is the definition of a hole in the wall.
   The inside of this personable pizzeria is spattered with Italian art and architecture. Aside from the art, the community’s love of Cleveland sports is spread across the restaurant.
   If the place still matches the description held in my mind’s eye, I am in for a delicious pizza pie in a comfortable, family oriented, old fashioned Italian atmosphere. This description does not fit the mold of the bland building in between the two other buildings catering to the local addictions. But this place truly is a scrumptious eatery that makes one feel right at home.
   Tomorrow, I go back in time. I revisit childhood memories and hopefully satisfy my senses with a mouth watering slice of pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment