Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pizza at Gatsby's (part three)

   Sorry for the delay. I know my readership have been sitting at their personal computers and laptops, if not both, with their eyes glued to their smart phones just waiting for the conclusion to my pizza peril.
   This pizza was good, very good. Every facet of the pie was enjoyable.
   I talked with two of the friendly employees over this lunch. As stated last post, what I eventually learned was a little surprising. The pizza was not made at the bar. It was ordered from a take-out joint behind the bar called Vaccaro's. This explained why there was no sign of a kitchen or kitchen workers in the place--at least not on this day.
   I am not a big wine drinker. I am neither here nor there on the bar scene. I am not an advocate of the pretense and status quo mixture that is aristocratism. But I do love good pizza and friendly, chatty service. Maybe it was just the day I was in there.
   Regardless, I will return to 750ml. Fresh pizza, a comfortable chair and enjoyable employees are enough to keep me coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment