Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pizza in NYC, OH

   Today I am visiting New York City for my next installment in this pizza blog--supposedly.
   I was told to eat at a place in Copley called Big Star Pizza over the summer. The place was very inviting. The neon lights, the yellow, red and lime green coloring inside along with the large selection of food just reminds one of the big city.
   I chose to have the Chicago style pizza. It was a good pizza and much better than the average slice from a chain pizza place. I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting a slice of pizza that transcended state lines and made me feel like I was outside of Wrigley Field stuffing my face with dough, cheese and sauce.
   After talking about my disappointment, I was told that I should have tried the New York style pizza. It is their specialty. I should have known this was the case. The place is very reminiscent to Sal's Pizza from Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing.
   The Chicago pizza was good. It has been described as "okay." If the Chicago pizza is "okay," I cannot imagine how tasty the New York pie will be. It has been called the best example of New York style pizza not in New York.
   You have to love an excuse to indulge in fine pizza every week. At lunch, I will go to Big Star, New York, OH and find out what the fuss is about.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll go check this place out to see how much it looks like Sal's.

    ReplyDelete