Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pizza in NYC, OH (part three)

   With this piece of art on a plate in front of me, I hesitate to even touch the slice. I almost looked around for the "do not touch the art work" sign.
   With widened eyes and a watering mouth, I place my thumb right thumb under the crust and my index and middle finger on top. I use my four fingers on my left hand to support the body of the pizza. An epic smell gets stronger as I raise the slice towards my mouth.
   This New York style pizza was much thinner than the Chicago style pizza. The vegetables complemented the structure nicely and it was relatively light in weight. Though a little flimsy, the cheese and toppings stayed on perfectly.
   Before I took a bite, I knew this was no ordinary chain pizza. 750ml had good pizza via the Vacarros behind the bar. But, this was no ordinary pizza. this was the kind of pizza that no chain restaurant can produce. This was an original recipe  used my one pizza joint.
   The piece explodes in my mouth with flavor as I bite into it. The sauce is propelled into my mouth and the vegetable soon follow riding along on the cheese. This is the best combination of vegetables I have ever had. The sauce's subtle tartness compliments them perfectly. The taste and texture provolone cheese could not have been duplicated or bettered by any other type of cheese.
   If I did not know any better, I would have thought I was in New York City. The ambiance, the genuine employees, the imagery and the pie. If you ever get a hankering  to try a New York style pizza, Big Star is the place. If you ever get the hankering to go to New York, Big Star is the place.

1 comment:

  1. Big star is nice. Good food and I like the fact that I can order pizza with a side of Baklava.

    ReplyDelete