Sunday, October 24, 2010

More familiarity (part three)

   The place changed. As for the pizza, I do not remember its appearance. I do not quite remember its taste. But, I remember its sauce and cheese were its trademark. It was also a bit of a greasy pizza. By first glance, I cannot tell if it has changed. Like previously mentioned, it does not look like anything special. It does not look bad either. Maybe it was my slight lack of an appetite. When I look at the picture, saliva drips from my incisors like water from a stalagmite.
   This pizza had a distinct aspect to it that I have not encountered before. The entire body of the pizza tasted like the crust. It was almost like having cheese and sauce on a triangle-shaped crust. Of course, the actual crust was even better. The cheese and sauce was charred onto it and solidified into one.
   The pizza was not too greasy. The picture may look different. But, this pizza was somehow juicy without being greasy. The sauce that did not crust and dry onto the crust was seeping out from under the cheese and down the edge of the slice.
   The sauce was very tomato based. That is obvious. But, it is even more apparent in this sauce. The sauce is put on very liberally. It virtually explodes out of the slice when you take a bit. This was a very hot pizza, you have to let it cool. If not, you will walk away with an injury when the sauce erupts from under the cheese.
   This is a very doughy pizza, but the dough is delicious. The dough, heavy sauce and ample cheese make for a great composition and a very filling pizza.

1 comment:

  1. Luigi's is awesome! You should check out Mr. G's Pizzeria in Fairlawn if you get a chance. I am interested to know what you think of their pizza.

    ReplyDelete