Monday, November 1, 2010

Capri Pizza

   Not often am I delighted to have to reschedule. In this case I was.
   I should have ventured down to Highland Square much sooner. It is among Akron's most quaint areas. The people and places make for memorable affairs no matter what time you are there.
   Capri Pizza is another Highland Square treasure. While the inside is a bit cramped, it gives off the vibe of just a "delicious food factory." The two employees that were manning the ship during my visit seemed to know every one of the six customers who walked in after my brother and I. There is not anything about the atmosphere that is overtly relaxing except the people. There is something about the employees and customers that let you put your hunger aside and wait calmly for your meal.
   I ended up taking the pie to another destination. But, I still took a photo. Before viewing, let me warn you. You should prepare to instantly feel starved.
   Just looking at the tomatoes, green peppers, onions and roasted red peppers makes one need a slice to provide a dopaminergic reward. This pizza is a bit similar to Big Star in Copley in the way that the vegetables taste absolutely perfect together. The whole composition is a bit similar. Capri pizza is thicker than Big Star's New York style and also has a better crust. near the crust the Parmesan becomes very apparent. It is reminiscent to the sprinkled Parmesan cheese on some pastas. As you can see, the crust is quite crispy for how thick it is.
   I cannot imagine how packed this place gets on Friday or Saturday nights. This has to be a popular place, not only for those who frequent Highland Square, but for all of Akron. I think I will soon find out. Even as a health conscious eater, I may have to catch me some more Capri in the future.

5 comments:

  1. I grew up on this stuff! Great pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so hungry for pizza this weekend. Maybe I'll give this place a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bogo is so good! I love their Greek pizza, and it is such a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a chance to try Capri Pizza. I definitely will keep it in mind next time we order out!

    ReplyDelete